Sunday, September 4, 2011

Transportation

What I consider as the most wonderful invention is of the progression in transportation across ages. Initially, transportation was human-powered and still common in most of the countries. Then man moved onto animal-powered transports where he used horses, donkeys, camels, elephants and dogs. Then he invented road transport, rail transport, water transport and air transport. Present day, we have Concorde flights and supersonic jets which can achieve greater miles within seconds.  I believe that during this progression towards better transport, the word speed was most celebrated.  Once man stabilized his invention over transportation, he started building faster transportation. If invention of a flight was a milestone in human history, then the fastest flight was also considered as another milestone.  We have the bullet trains that travel around 300 km/h and has a world record of 581 km/h.  Mankind has also seen the fastest car and the fastest bike.  A simple Google search could list the top fastest cars in the world and the top fastest motorbikes in the world.

Some view transportation as what it was intended to be: move from one place to another.  For some, transportation has become their passion as they started loving travelling and venturing new places.  Some explore within the country and some explore from country to country.  And not to forget the men who travel just because of sheer joy of driving.  A long drive to the countryside or the beach.  I too love driving, especially long driving.  A long drive out of the city in early hours of the day towards some hill station, clicking photographs here and there and nice hot snacks on the top of the hill in the evening would make my ideal holiday.  I always loved the portion in the movie 'Dil Chahta Hai' when the three friends ride to Goa and spend quite some quality time at the wall facing the beach.

However, during driving, we cannot be accelerating forever.  There are times when you need to slow down or stop. You need to slow down when the traffic signs turns red and then stop. You need to stop when there is a pedestrian crossing. You need to slow down when there's a speed breaker. If one go against any of these rules, the damage is to both the rider as well as the pedestrians.  And that's the only thing I hate in driving, though I love driving. Braking.  Yes, I hate when the speedometer drops from 50 km/h or more.  To me, if I start the bike, it should not stop or slow down anywhere till I reach my destination.  That's because it gives me a feeling of "going-on", like an old advertisement for Kinetic vehicles stating "will keep going".

What joy I experience for keep going on?  I think that is what life is all about.  Keep going.  There may be some incidents in our life that did not go by our expectations.  Some heartaches.  Death of our beloved ones. Some situations that happened in our past still haunting us because of the way we behaved.  Some regrets that we could have changed things a little better.  All these are perfectly human - to go down and feel depressed.  To me that is like braking.  No, no, no, I should not stop and if I stop it shouldn't be for long.  Long enough only for the traffic sign to change green.  Long enough only for the pedestrians to pass.  Rev up the engine and make sure your ears keep listening to the sound of the engine.  Keep going.

As fuel is essential for the vehicle to keep going on, I feel there should be something in us to make us keep going on.  It can be anything.  It could be your responsibility on your shoulders or your commitment to your dependent.  It could be for your dad or any beloved one.  But it is one's responsibility to find out that which will keep them keep going on.  There could and would be things that does not happen according to my situations but nothing can stop me from keep going, because I found the joy of keep going.  I have found that one thing that always will keep me going. Have you found your joy?  Have you ever searched within yourself what that keeps you waking up every morning, doing your everyday routine chores, get backs to your bed and gives you a sound sleep?  Have you found that one thing in your life that will not prevent you from not keep going?

Friends, don't let anything stagnate you like a marsh as it is in the marsh that the reeds and the moss grow.  Be like the flowing stream, fresh as ever.  Let the engines roar and horns honk and the sweet music of the sound of your engine (life) be heard in your ears forever.  Keep going!

          


2 comments:

  1. Hi Nice article boss
    Yes you are right life is all about “Keep Going” but there are very few places we are not able start immediately after the sudden break. It could be an accident or breakdown or something else. I could not comeback even I could not imagine the future at that point, struggle to get up.
    Even though when we comeback we could not drive well. It will take long time. Still I believe that “Life has to move on” as a mantra like “Keep Going”.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments Vijay boss.
    Well, Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it. Yes, I agree that there are situations where we would not be able to get together ourselves. We need the time but eventually we 'keep going'. :)

    ReplyDelete